Melbourne Central – Façade Remediation – Apex & Cone
The GPT Group
Structural Glazing Remediation Works
Superintendence, Client Liaison
Lump Sum Fixed contract
Accuraco project managed the façade remediation works to the Apex and Cone at Melbourne Central. This landmark office and retail property, located in Melbourne Central, has 300 retailers covering two city blocks with a 51 level premium grade office tower.
The façade remediation works arose due to ongoing issues with leaks at the top of the Melbourne Central Tower Atrium Cone into the common area below and from the Apex into the tenanted offices. Following a review by the façade engineer, Arup, a proposed scope of works to repair, replace and rectify the façade system was developed.
The scope of works was:
- Patch repair of existing gasket system
- Reconditioning of aluminum glazing system, including frame cleaning
- Repair to structural silicone joints
- Remove, clean and reinstate diagonal aluminum strip feature on glazing system
- Installation of new over-clad gasket system
- Water test areas where remedial works were done
Accuraco provided superintendent services during the construction phase as well as client liaison with the principal contractor. Our role was extended to that of our clients’ mediator to ensure the principal contractor and external associated sub-contractors were able to complete this project in a timely manner.