Hobart Storm Damage
Hobart City Council
Nov 18 – July 19
Government & Infrastructure
Project Management and Contract Administration
Schedule of Rates
Once engaged, Accuraco undertook a desktop review of damage assessment records, followed by site inspections to confirm damage and refine scope. Planning and high level scoping was then carried out, and work packages were put out to tender.
- Accuraco structured the contracts in such a way that allowed for:
- Early Contractor involvement
- Efficiency in scoping given the large geographical spread of assets
- Priority works to begin before planned burns and wet weather
- Flexible scope managements & contract works delivery
Given the public nature of these assets, a large number of stakeholders were to be considered including Council, Wellington Park Trust, Authorities, Bushcare Groups, Mountain Bikers, Trail Runners and Bushwalkers, and the general public. A key aspect of this project was the funding, which was provided by Natural Disaster RecoveryRelief Arrangement (NDRRA).
This meant careful scope management was required to ensure the NDRAA that funds were being used for the repair of assets only, with improvements only allowed in some instances. This required accurate reporting of scope (pre- and post-condition) and costs for the City of Hobart to make successful claims back to the NDRRA.