Jan 2016 to Dec 2017
Tourism & Education
Project Management and Client Side Team Management
Following on from the successful delivery of the Stage 1 Predators (Lion Gorge) exhibit in 2014, Melbourne Zoo engaged Accuraco for the full project management and delivery of the second and final stage of this important precinct.
Predators Stage 2 – Carnivore Trail, include exhibits for the new comers to the zoo the Snow Leopard and Sumatran tiger. New homes for the South American Coati and Tasmanian Devil and also visitor interpretation (including artworks, audiovisual, graphics and 3D elements) and back of house support infrastructure.
The project scope entailed a high level of recycling/ re-use of existing infrastructure and existing on-site material, which is in keeping with Zoos Victoria’s admirable sustainability targets and goals.
Our Project Manager worked closely with the Zoo Client, Stakeholder and Consultant Team, on this complex project to achieve an outstanding outcome to date. Our services and tasks include:
- Procurement of the Consultant Project Team;
- Regular Project Working Group reporting and overseeing of the Zoo’s User/ Stakeholder Group;
- Project Management of early works/ site enabling works;
- Management of the Town Planning and Heritage Victoria permits processes;
- Risk management and Program scheduling;
- Procurement of the Main Works and minor package contractors.
- Program co-ordination with the Interpretation Design and Delivery Team.
Construction works commenced in November 2016 and was completed December 2017.