RACV Conference & Events Centre
December 2013 – March 2014
Specialist Resort Refurbishment
Full Project Management and Contract Administration
RACV engaged us to undertake a considerable refurbishment of their existing Conference and Events facilities at the Royal Pines Resort on the Gold Coast.
RACV’s decision to undergo these substantial works stemmed from their commitment to retaining a standard befitting of premier conference and events facilities. We as project manager was appointed to manage the tendering and construction phases of the refurbishment.
One of the key elements of the project was the time critical component, as the facility was required to be ready to take on various events and conferences immediately post completion of the works. Substantial logistical planning and scheduling were required to ensure the successful and on-time delivery of the new facility by March 2014. This front-end coordination and administration management was a critical element in ensuring we met the project deadlines.
The design of the Conference and Events Centre was of the highest quality and design detail, reflecting the commitment of RACV to provide the highest quality resorts and facilities.
The scope and features in the design of the Conference & Events upgrade included:
- Demolition works
- New feature stairs
- 2,700sqm of designer carpet
- New operable walls at 7.7m high
- Extensive ceiling works
- Significant audio visual installation throughout
- New spider glass panel wall to pre-function area
- New sanitary fixtures and fittings
- New lighting and electrical works throughout
- Feature pendant lighting to pre-function and banquet halls
- New entry glass doors and dedicated entry for show vehicles